so feel free to give curt a call or shoot us an email any time and we will be glad to help you in any way we can.
TECH 1 ENGINE INSTALLERS INC.
Terms and conditions
6301 causeway blvd.
Tampa FL 33619
Phone: (813) 977-3335
Fax-(813) 971 4425
1. T1 will provide a long block assembly which included; head or heads, oil pump kit, engine gasket set motor oil and filter. Parts used in the remanufacture of long block assembly may be used new or reconditioned as deemed by the remanufacturer or and/or T1. Remanufactured long block assemblies do not include: oil pan, valve covers, carburetor, fuel injection, turbo chargers, computers, external pump, belts, hoses, ignition parts, sensors, cooling system parts, transmission parts, intake, radiator, manifolds, electrical systems or any other part not included in the definition of the long block assembly above. At T1 option engines may be subcontracted out, purchased from approved suppliers, or rebuilt on site.
2. T1 cannot determine the extent of damaged external or internal parts of engine without the removal or dismantling of the same. Therefore, if after such inspection there is, in T1 Judgment one or more parts defective to such a degree that could or adversely effect the of the engine repair, T1 shall not continue work until the consumer is notified of the need of additional parts or service.
3. Replacement engines provided by T1 are based on the long block exchange in the customer’s vehicle which must be rebuildable or acceptable to T1. A core charge will be applied depending on year, make, and model of vehicle. Customers block, cylinder heads or crankshafts which are not acceptable will not be credited for exchange; exchange is based on the engine core removed from the vehicle only. Requests for core return must be made in writing in a timely manner and may involve additional charges.
4. T1 will not be liable for damage to any part or parts which may occur while removing or dismantling the engine.
5. If needed repairs are declined by the customer, a schedule of charges will be applied as follows:
a. Tow truck service -$65.00 or more based on distance and vehicle type.
b. Removing and dismantling the engine and inspection -$500.00 most vehicles. (The engine can be reassembled for an additional $500.00 or more plus gaskets, fluids and non-reusable parts.
c. Cost of the engine plus shipping (where applicable) regarding custom built, used engines, or special order parts. Cores will not be returned on custom builds; however the customer may purchase the custom remanufactured engine without installation.
d. Environmental waste removal charges are non-refundable.
e. A $25.00 per day storage charge will be applied during the period the vehicle has been at T1’s facility.
f. 10% restocking fee where applicable.
g. Engine shipping where applicable.
6. The “estimated” time to complete repairs is 10-15 working days (Monday- Friday), Custom engines and some import engines may take longer. Lack of parts availability or parts approval delays may extend the time required to complete repairs. Availability of rebuildable cores shipping delays, strikes, acts of god, or war, may extend completion time. T1 does not provide loaner or rental cars.
7. A minimum fee of $135.00 will be applied to work orders in which the air conditioning system must be disconnected and recharged (vehicles will dual units will require an additional charge).
8. More repair work will be payable in cash, credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or discover Card), certified cashiers check, or bonded bank check. ONLY CERTIFIED FUNDS ARE EXCCEPTED FOR FINAL PAYMENT. We reserve the right to require cash payment at anytime.
9. T1 reserves the right to charge storage fees per individual state regulations. Typically fifteen (15) days after notification by T1, the consumer of completed repairs or five (5) days after the customer instructs T1 to discontinue repairs, a daily storage fee of $25.00 per day applied until such time vehicle is removed from T1 premises.
10. Vehicle must be claimed within thirty (30) days from date of completion. A mechanics lean or abandoned car report will be filed and the vehicle will be disposed of as per your states requirements.
11. Due to the nature of repairs some work, original or warranty may be sublet at T1’s choosing.
12. T1 will not be liable for damage, theft, or vandalism of a vehicle at any time inclusive but not limited to:
a. If left with T1 for more than two (2) days after customer has been notified by T1 of completed repairs.
b. If vehicle is left in an unsecured parking lot by the customer or by customers direction.
c. Hail, wind, water, flooding, or any other acts of god.
Customer is to process all claims resulting in a loss with customer’s insurance carrier.
13. When performing work on customers vehicles equipped with computer (s), carburetor, fuel injection, or turbo charger, T1 will assume no responsibility for the function or malfunction of such components, or damage to the engine supplied by T1 resulting from such component failure.
14. An environmental charge of $37.50 will be applied to each work order where oil, antifreeze, or oil filters result in waste by-products.
15. Phone quotes on remanufactured engines are estimates only and do not include roller lifters, sales tax, other fees, or parts that may be needed to complete repairs. Estimates include the long block assembly (see number 1 above), Motor oil, oil filter, a limited warranty on the engine, and labor on engine installation. Phone quotes on pre-owned engines included pre-owned replacement engine, installation labor, a limited warranty.
16. T1 does not accept and will not install or warranty customer provided parts or cores.
17. A shop fee of $45.00 will be added to all engine installation and warranty service requests.
18. T1 is not responsible for the repair of pre-existing electrical problems, turbo, super chargers, inoperable gauges, alarm, or fueling problems.
19. Roller lifters are not included in t1 engine pricing and should they be required, are available at additional costs. Should roller lifters be required, the consumer may elect to reuse the original lifters, have original lifters rebuilt, or purchase rebuilt or new lifters.
20. T1 option one or more deposit payments may be required to start or continue requested repairs.
21. The above term and conditions shall remain applicable throughout the term of T1 issued warranty.
22. T1 does not do engine diagnostics (prior to installation), to determine if an engine needs replacing. It’s the vehicle owner’s responsibility to perform any desired diagnostics prior to contacting with T1 for the removal and installation of engine. The decision to replace an engine is therefore made entirely by the customer.
23. Estimates subject to T1’s limited warranty on T1’s website (www.engineinstallation.com). Price quoted is for listed items only. The average vehicle serviced by T1 is 8-10 years old with 100,000 or more miles. Additional items are often required to return a vehicle to optimal running condition. Such repairs can increase your final repair costs over the quote estimate by %10-%50 or more. Additional recommendations will require customer approval, may require an additional deposit or payment and may extend the delivery date beyond that quoted.
24. A (Basket case) fee will be applied when a vehicle is received by T1 in any disassembled condition.
25. In the event a dispute arises between T1 and its customer, both parties agree that prior to seeking such remedies as may be provided in a court of law. The parties will first seek resolution through the conflict of binding arbitration. The binding arbitration is to be provided by the offices of the better business bureau where available or by an authorized dispute resolution services. Should legal council be retained for any reason the parties agree that each will be responsible for its own legal fees and expenses.
26. Pre-owned engine sales include the long block only. They do not include wiring, sensors, water pumps, gasket sets, timing components, or fuel injectors. Engines may be reconditioned or repaired as determined by T1. Pre-owned engines availability and mileage are subject to T1 supplier availability and limitations.
27. The customer acknowledges that only those conditions and warranties provided by T1 and signed by him are to be applied. Tech 1 employees are not authorized to change, alter, or modify Tech 1 conditions or warranties. No other expressed or implied conditions or warranties apply.
Thank you for choosing Tech 1 Engine Installers, Inc.
We appreciate your business.
TECH 1 ENGINE INSTALLERS
3 Year - 100,000 Mile Limited Warranty
1. This warranty is issued exclusively to the original purchaser of the repairs
listed on the Work order issued by T1EI that should they prove defective under
normal use and service by reason of improper workmanship and/ or material '
for (a) in the case of a remanufactured long block, for 3 years after the date of
delivery or until the vehicle in which they have been originally installed has
been driven 100,000 miles, whichever comes first and (b) in the case of
accessories to, of listed component parts of the remanufactured long block
assembly, 3 months after the date of delivery or until the vehicle in which they
have been originally installed has been driven 3,000 miles, whichever comes
first, (c) All labor is warranted for a period of 90 days from the date of
delivery. Term of this warranty begins on the date the product is delivered to
2. If the vehicle's odometer is not functioning properly or is disconnected or
ceases to function properly after delivery of the product, this warranty will
3. This warranty covers only labor, products, parts, and materials sold and
installed by T1EI Failure to meet payment terms acceptable to T1EI
immediately voids this warranty.
4. This warranty does not cover parts or materials not installed by T1EI, nor
does it cover damages to the engine which were caused by any part or
accessories not installed by T1EI. It does not cover damages or defects due
to misuse or abuse of the products, or operation thereof in a imprudent
manner, or in a manner contrary to the ordinary use for which the product
was intended or due to negligence or alteration, repair or service of the
product by anyone other than T1EI unless authorized in writing, in advance
by T1EI. (This does not include the consumer maintenance required under
this warranty.) This warranty is void if the damage is due to operating the
engine without sufficient oil or coolant.
5. In the event of a covered defect or failure, the warrantor must be notified of
the problem in a timely manner (48 hours). Remedy of identified problem
will be limited to the repair or replacement of the failed product. Estimated
time to complete needed repairs will be one to fifteen working days.
6. THE CONSUMER'S OBLIGATIONS in order for this warranty to remain
in effect: (a) have the motor oil and filter changed 500 miles after delivery
and then at intervals of no more than 3,000 miles. Oil and filter must be
appropriate for the vehicle and operating conditions; (b) have the engine
properly tuned at intervals of no more than 24 months or 24,000 miles
whichever comes first. This includes replacement of the cap, rotor, spark
plugs, plugs wires, PCV valve, and air cleaner; (c) have the vehicle's
radiator drained and refilled with new fluid appropriate for conditions
under which the vehicle is operated at intervals of not more than 12 months
or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first; (d) provide receipts to evidence
compliance with the above conditions at the time of making any claim
under this warranty. Receipts must be printed and issued by the firm or
commercial operation which performed the work.
7. TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE the consumer must notify T1EI of
the claim and bring the covered vehicle along with the original receipts and
this warranty to the warrantor within the warranty period. Towing or
wrecker service, replacement or rental vehicles are the consumer's
responsibility and will not be provided by T1EI. Warranty work will be by
appointment only. ANY EXPRESS WARRANTY NOT PROVIDED IN
THIS DOCUMENT, AND ANY REMEDY FOR BREACH OF
CONTRACT WHICH BUT FOR THIS PROVISION MIGHT ARISE BY
IMPLICATION OR OPERATION OF LAW, IS EXCLUDED AND
DISCLAIMED THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE TERMS STATED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
o. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. This warranty contains the only obligations of T1EI. The warrantor does not authorize any person to assume any other liability on its part in connection with this warranty. Statements made relating to the products covered prior to the execution of this agreement are not warranties. It is understood that such statements were not intended to, and did not form a part of this agreement.
9. The consumer acknowledges that the vehicle has been inspected, or
that adequate opportunity has been provided for inspection, and that
all parts, materials, and service provided by T1EI have been
10. Commercial installations are limited to 30 days or 1000 miles,
whichever comes first.
11. This warranty is not transferable and is to be prorated over the life of
the warranty. Engine repair or replacement does not extend this
warranty beyond the date of original installation.
12. The consumer's signature below constitutes and acknowledges that
upon completion of authorized repairs that this subject motor vehicle
may be subject for repossession for an expressed mechanic lien for
nonpayment of any kind.
13. This warranty does not provide coverage to damage resulting from
detonation or pre-ignition. Nor does it provide coverage for damages
resulting from faulty electrical, computer, or turbo components.
14. This warranty does not provide for the replacement of oil, antifreeze,
filters, spark plugs, or other consumable replacement items.
15. This warranty does not include diagnostic time for problems not
related to parts and services provided by T1EI.
16. T1EI reserves the right to replace or repair at its option defective parts
or components warranted under this contract.
17. This warranty is void in the event of engine damage caused by or as a
result of failure by any accessory not listed on the work order, i.e.
fuel pump, water pump, radiator, exhaust system, injection, carburetor
18. Engines returned for warranty service with damaged cores do to
misuse or abuse will result in additional charges and are not covered
under this warranty.
19. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE DRIVER to check motor oil
and coolant levels, to monitor gauges and lights and to insure proper
engine operation. ENGINES WHICH HAVE BEEN DAMAGED
BY OVERHEATING OR WHICH HAVE BEEN OPERATED
WITH LOW LEVELS OF OIL ARE NOT COVERED UNDER
20. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS OF THIS WARRANTY.